Issue Concerning Volume Control in an Active System

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a question concerning volume control in an active system which has a DCX2496 crossover unit. The DRIVERS: Dayton Series II 12" woofers powered by a Behringer EPQ1200; BG NEO10 midrange powered by Crown XLS 1000 and Airborne RT-5002 tweeters powered by Behringer A500. I also have a BIC F12 sub-woofer. The pre-amp is an Emotiva USP-1. I recently got the measuring package from Parts Express but I am having issues getting a good frequency response chart. The issue; I have the pre-amp at maybe a 1/4 volume; the woofers at 1/2 volume; midwoofers at almost full volume (?) and the tweeters at 1/2 volume. Should I be trimming the power amp volumes and increasing the pre-amp volume? Any input would be helpful. The BG NEO10 is listed at 92db so I am confused why it requires full volume to get matching output.

Given you can EQ and adjust levels on the DCX as well, I wouldn't worry. The frequency response problems you report aren't anything to do with the volume controls on the amps. If you need more volume out of the BGs, turn up the outputs on the DCX.

The biggest sign of broken gain structure is lots of background noise and/or premature clipping of a component.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.