Invitation to Seattle area DIYers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to get my Fostex TL's finished for the get together but have to finalize tuning before I can veneer. I want to make sure the port length is maximized for the best possible sound - interior stuffing can be changed but the port length is a piece of mdf pinned from the sides.

If anyone local is willing to spend a few hours in that endeavor please speak out. I need to match realistic expectations of the speaker to what I am hearing and need help in aurally defining the tuning zones - brightness, thin upper base, weak lower base, flatness, etc.

P.s. I will compensate with Delfinos pizza and beer.

Yep, sorry. Been a bit distracted. It looks like we'll have three rooms available to us and the warehouse. I'm going to have some food available, easy stuff (no chefs, this ain't CES) and be selling raffle tickets to help pay for the food. Probably $2 per ticket or 3 tickets for $5. I can't provide any barley pop as there is a liability concern for Adire. Sorry boys. Still, there's going to be good stuff to check out and lots of smart people to talk to! :cool:

Should I bring my Tumults? Two 3 ft^3 sealed cabs, 1 driver ea. No sense in dragging them to Lynwood if Dan already has something similar.

I can now bring them because Tiggerfip has graciously offered his truck and his strong back.

But I lied a bit. I said my subwoofers were 'heavy'. Which is like saying the sun is 'bright'. :D

Cheers.

Just wanted to say that I'll be sure to have my camera there to take lots of pictures since I don't really have anything to bring audio wise besides my car. I suppose you could call my camera setup pro level, and I'll be sure to put them all on the web.

Also, if anybody is going from the Willamette Valley area (I'm from Corvallis) and would like to split gas, I'd be happy to give a couple people a ride. I'm staying close to downtown and the U district with my girlfriends sister, but would be happy to drop people off whereever.

Well, we have 51 people that have signed up and some of those are bringing guests so the actual number appears to be ~55. (Sure glad Dan offered the use of the Adire facilities.) I'm going to leave the sign-up form up through the weekend so if anyone else wants to come please sign up now.

Steve,
Thanks for the camera offer. When I bought mine it was pretty good, now it's completely outdated. Ahhh...technology.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.