function follows form in this instance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The two plugs that will become a silicone mould..

Attachments

• 20150408_113915.jpg
    20150408_113915.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 213
Thankyou...My inspiration is obvious, however any similarity stops there..this will be a two way speaker with 5 way tactile pad where the upper mid should be for volume skip FF rev etc..and a waterproof cap where the tweet should be for SD card and USB slots. of course Bluetooth enabled, amp built in and all 12v.. cast in ferro cement and made to look like marble..its for outside by the pool.. :)... Ill call it Asteroceras LOL

Last edited:
Good question, I have limited choice when it comes to weatherproof drivers, If I ever use the mould for an indoor set then I will need to spend some time researching drivers to suit the cabinets. although that being said , I would most likely go active x/overs and tune to suit. at this point though I have polycone weather resistant woofer @ 300mm and a 125mm polycone mid, together they sound ordinary, LOL but form before function in this instance, a nautical theme for the poolside.. :)

Ha just found my old thread from 6 years ago...thought I might let you know how far i got with it before the project was lost in somewhat of a disaster. Hence my easier more recent build.. I might this one again, now I have the time..... enjoy.

Attachments

• 20150614_093547.jpg
    20150614_093547.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 100
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.