NEW(??) Pair of Radian 951BEPB-16

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I received a pair of factory new radian CD's and while the package showed no signs of damage, the drivers had some small exterior scratches and knocks.

After closer inspection, I also noticed a small knock on the smallest slit of the phase plug in one driver. Would it possibly have a noticeable effect?

Do you find it acceptable, typical for Radian drivers?

Attachments

• 1zpmbh3.jpg
    1zpmbh3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 526
  • 2s0enu8.jpg
    2s0enu8.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 503
  • iod9pf.jpg
    iod9pf.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 514
Two neo radian compression drivers were tested in voicecoil magazine. They actually did pretty well, but who knows what the real world consistency is.

The B&C's and Ciare's I have are both matched in performance with good manufacturing quality. Speaking of voicecoil magazine, B&C's top of the line compression drivers tested very nicely in my opinion with clean top end extension for a 3" titanium diaphragm.

Thank you guys, they are definitely going back, hopefully for a proper replacement.
Extra QC should be also given in overseas orders, having already waited 1.5 month for delivery.

Generally I thought the consensus was favorable for Radian, especially with the addition of beryllium dias, as far as sq is concerned. Havent heard of any build quality issues.
Will update how their customer service handles the matter.

Have an excellent pair of seos24 sitting around, but currently I am caught between the factory and the retailer.

One says CD's never would have left factory in that condition, while acknowledging they just built these SN in end of February.
Retailer says he just passed along the package.

Ridiculous

Factory also says phase plug knick wont affect performance :confused:

This has really turned into a nightmare.

Opened a RMA with the dealer, sent detailed pics etc. Tells me he cannot arrange a return without confirmation from Radian.
Radian after an initial response on March 24, offering backcap replacements,
does not respond at all to numerous emails from the dealer (out of the biggest retailers in France)

Absolutely no respect for the money I spent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.