How do you calculate loudspeaker total impedance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well this in reality is not so easy, because these phenomenons also always obey
Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle :D

That's an interesting observation. Fast Fourier transform methods must lie at the heart of most loudspeaker modelling programs.
Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) - MATLAB & Simulink - MathWorks United Kingdom

These are computationally efficient with filters, and loudspeaker files aka those FRD and ZMA jobbies that you can find for most drivers. Years since I wrote one, so I have forgotten the details, but based on, say, 64 or 128 or 256 samples.

The quantum and uncertainty comes into it at the level that steeper filters have more time delay in real time. It's almost like the speaker knows you have split the signal into two paths and the resulting sound field is changed by the experiment of giving the driving electron two paths to take. :D

I'd like to say there is Planck's Constant in a loudspeaker, but I can't quite make that last step. Perhaps someone can get this working with the characteristic impedance of free space which is the 377 ohms familiar to aerial designers as loudspeaker load. Maybe it's Boltzman's Constant. :confused:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

But interesting. :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.