Help A NooB With DeVore/AN/Omega DIY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK...very first build, which I've wanted to find the courage to try for some time now.

My brother is a cabinet maker...so he knows his way around the woodshop, general construction techniques; has the tools, etc. But...he knows nothing of audio.

I'm a relative amateur, when it comes to work-working; but I've been educating myself about drivers...and of course, know all the audio manufactures.

I've thought of starting small...and/or, with a full-range (and therefore no-crossover design); but I am just dying to try, a pair of DeVore Orang-like designed speakers.

I see kits from Audio Note; and it reminds me of "baby" Orangs, or even Louis' Omega designs. So I want to go for it; a cabinet similar to this

But I'd love to design around, this 10" SEAS Prestige paper-cone unit The Madisound Speaker Store

I should have no less, than 1,001 questions; so where to start? I'm sure they'll be suggestions, about what to think about...before I buy the first driver, or cut the first piece of plywood or mdf; and links to start reading, reading, reading.

So...I welcome them, and then we'll take it from there. TIA!

Thanks Fatmarley. I saw this little blurb on Madisound, regarding the SEAS Prestige A26RE4...

This classic paper cone has a wonderful roll off at 2000Hz. This is one of the only 10" drivers we know of that could be used in a 2-way by letting the woofer run full range without a crossover. I have heard this woofer with the Seas 27TDFC (H1189) tweeter and it had a magical retro sound to it.

So...is it the opinion of the group, I can really run this design; without a cross-over (or...do you think there's any chance, I could buy...just the cross-over/terminal board, from the AN kits?)

And...I was thinking either, the SEAS 27 TFFC, TDFC, or TDC.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.