Arro inspired, but with Seas drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have read allmost every post in this forum with huge interest. But I've never participated. This is my first post ever.
I've recently bought a pair of Seas P11RCY/P and a pair of 27TBC/G. The plan is to put this in to a floor standig
speaker like the Totem Arro, or the Clarro if you will. I have a few questins conserning this:
First of all: Is the bass/mid suitable for this? And how big (ltr's) would you recomend the cabinet to be? I don't have any computer program which can calculate this.
Which kind of filter would you recomend? I must say that I like it to be as siple as posible. I'm going to use high quality components.
Last question at this time: I have 4 scan speak 18W8545 that I've used in a MTM setup. Would any of you guys recomend using one or two of these in each as a side mounted woofer? (as in Audio Physic Virgo ++).

My setup is the Vincent sv-233, or Electrocompaniet ECI-3, and pinoneer dv-737 dvd/cd player. If I get a little help with this prosject, I will start soon and post some construction pictures a long the way.

Attachments

• 13-01-04.gif
    13-01-04.gif
    78.4 KB · Views: 451
Hello,

While I was searching for my old thread to publish the picture of my finished version 2. I found this thread...

I am sorry if I did not answer before, I was not aware of the question.

If you want to build an arro-like speaker with your Seas, you will have to do a completely new design. The internal volume and the crossover values will not be the same.

Let me know if you have specific question.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.