A new omnidirectional speaker announced

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.

Thoughts?

Home - OMUNI AUDIO

The <OMUNI> is a two way design with a downward facing 8 inch Bass driver in an Aperiodic labyrinth
Topping this off is a 3 inch Mid High frequency driver running up to 25Khz.
This amazing driver radiates a full 360 degrees horizontaly-and also vertically
The full 360 degree disperson of the 3 inch drivers range is achivied with our © 2014. "OMUNI LENS" All Rights Reserved.
The OMUNI LENS consists of four rounded quadrants placed under each corner of the top plate.
This unique design provides horn loading of the 3 inch driver over a full 360 degrees.
Hand built by our craftsman furniture maker,the enclosures will please and suprise
They are built from Multiplex spruce , the top triangulated section of each speaker is a laminated sold block that weighs over 7 kilograms
We do not use acoustic dampening materials of any kind.
Natural Hessian is applied to one stratigic panel only
The crossover utilises only two high quality components without matching resistors
The paper cone of the bass driver is treated with five coats of Meranti Damar

Dimensions Height.750mm x Width.390mm x Depth.335mm
Frequency Response 28 Hz - 20 Khz -3db
Sensitivity 89dB
Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms

I am not affiliated in any way :)

Hi,

Pretty much a speaker "designed" by a complete amateur,
who happens to be good at making nice looking cabinets but
also talking utter nonsense about the way they (don't) work.

Avoid like the plague, unless you like being very disappointed.

rgds, sreten.

The chances of it sounding "terrific" are next to nil compared
to the chances of it sounding as bad as it looks, i.e. "terrible".

Last edited:
Hi all.

Thoughts?

Home - OMUNI AUDIO

The <OMUNI> is a two way design with a downward facing 8 inch Bass driver in an Aperiodic labyrinth
Topping this off is a 3 inch Mid High frequency driver running up to 25Khz.
This amazing driver radiates a full 360 degrees horizontaly-and also vertically
The full 360 degree disperson of the 3 inch drivers range is achivied with our © 2014. "OMUNI LENS" All Rights Reserved.
The OMUNI LENS consists of four rounded quadrants placed under each corner of the top plate.
This unique design provides horn loading of the 3 inch driver over a full 360 degrees.
Hand built by our craftsman furniture maker,the enclosures will please and suprise
They are built from Multiplex spruce , the top triangulated section of each speaker is a laminated sold block that weighs over 7 kilograms
We do not use acoustic dampening materials of any kind.
Natural Hessian is applied to one stratigic panel only
The crossover utilises only two high quality components without matching resistors
The paper cone of the bass driver is treated with five coats of Meranti Damar

Dimensions Height.750mm x Width.390mm x Depth.335mm
Frequency Response 28 Hz - 20 Khz -3db
Sensitivity 89dB
Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms

I am not affiliated in any way :)

It will work fine, as long as you don't mind having any output above 6khz.

I am using a compression driver in a clone of a Beolab lens. The reason I'm using a compression driver is that the high frequencies are challenging to reproduce in a speaker with wide directivity.

For instance, if you have a 1" tweeter on a baffle, the beamwidth of the top octave may be as little as thirty degrees. Since the sound is radiated in a narrow beam it doesn't take a lot of output to get "loud".

But once you go to a 180 degree beam - or even a 360 degree beam - the output requirements get NUTTY in a hurry. Even a compression driver with an efficiency of 109dB will struggle to produce 100dB of output over a 180 degree arc. I wouldn't even *try* to do 360, that's just crazy talk.

read about my project here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/257787-soundbar-bateman-style.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.