I have 8L of space for toys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!

I am building a small speaker for outdoors, and have an enclosure of 8L to play with..

I was looking up the Monacor SPH-60, and seemed ideal for the job, until I found that they can run out of steam at high SPL, especially with Xmax in vented cabinet. (Vb=7.2L, Fb=75Hz, Ip= 60WRMS).

Can anyone else suggest any alternatives? Single driver (6"?) is possible. My priorities are maximum SPL down to 80Hz with given power. IE sensitivity & bass ;) :p ;)

Cost is not so much an issue, neo is welcome !

Many thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 5inch Jordan EIKONA 2.jpg
    5inch Jordan EIKONA 2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 5inch EAD E100HD+.png
    5inch EAD E100HD+.png
    856.8 KB · Views: 209
Little update on project.. Three 5Fe120 can fit in box perfectly with space taken away for other parts (7.8L). Total sensitivity is at 91dB, with Q=1.2 tuning at 78Hz. (Creates 2.65dB boost at 134Hz.)

Each driver is 8R, power per driver 30W. This gives max SPL at 110dB (1m). Perceived flat outdoors to 100Hz, but drivers will be accommodating (mech. headroom) to 5dB wide Q boost @ 80Hz. 40Hz HP filter is required.

Tweeters chosen for project are Vifa BC25SC-06/04 , high sensitivity (91.5db ea) but low on headroom (power per driver 15W). Xover at 3K.

Lots of numbers here, have spent a long time optimising and calculating, please correct me if anything seems off! Or any better alternatives.. :judge:

-
-
Cone area & sensitivity is king! (And 120WRMS power.. :p )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.