USA Supplier for Celestion CDX1-1747

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1745 (blue) vs 47 spec sheets (note impedance axis scales do not match on lower graph):

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 218
Thanks for that dumptruck, the 1747 appears to be a step up to my 1425's too with the exception of the some wiggle in the top octave. I'm looking to use them in 350 Hz flare round tractrix horns from 2K up. The 1425 sounds great in them but is a bit weak in the lower presence area. I think the 1747 will be better.

You like the Celestion? I was thinking about the 1425 on a Beta 10CX, but for the same money I could get the larger 1746 which wouldn't need an adapter.

Well Q Components price on the other drivers is about $10 cheaper than PE, but I wonder how shipping and duties would change that...

You like the Celestion? I was thinking about the 1425 on a Beta 10CX, but for the same money I could get the larger 1746 which wouldn't need an adapter.

Well Q Components price on the other drivers is about $10 cheaper than PE, but I wonder how shipping and duties would change that...

The only compression drivers I have that are Celestion is the 1425 and above 2500 it pretty much has become my favorite in various horns. better then some much more expensive drivers and on par in it's range with the TAD 2001 (I have one good one left so I can't use them right now) I'm not sure how well the coax will load them though. Probably to 3K or so.

The system I'm building right now is centered on the JBL CMCD81H cone midrange compression driver (WOW these are so good!) and they are like the perfect driver 300 to 2200 cycles. The 1425 makes it down there in my 350 hz tractrix horns but I keep thinking the 1747 might be perfect (or RCF cd400?) with a bit more presence and headroom to use with the JBL monster mid drivers. Right now I'm using a large format Community 3301 above the JBL CMCD then passing to the 1425 for 7K and above. Still tweaking this but so far it is blowing me away :)

CMCD Cone Midrange Compression Driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.