best affordable cheap softwar efor measuring T/S parameters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have used line out with ARTA and it worked fine. Even with 10ohm resistor.
Probably distorted the soundcard but as it is two channel measurement that will be compensated for, within reason.
1k resistor is probably more suitable for line out.

Make sure your soundcard have two distinct channels in as some laptops don't. Also make sure that there is no limiter och frequency shaping as that can be a problem.

Inertial,

I had the same question 1 month ago. For 100 euros i found in second hand: an ECM-8000 & a good enough usb Creative sound card with phantom power and a 6 meters Xlr wire.

Arta will be usefull after T/S parameter for your hobby : room measurement, speaker crossover set up..., DSP set up.

Arta software is free for the enough basic we need as no professional (no anechoic chamber...). Many use too the powerfull REW which is free too.

now the Dayton set is simple : you can measure : coils, T/S, caps, resistors of a complete crossover or drivers alone !

Myself i hesitate and bought mic + pre soundcard to set up a tweeter and for a futur project... i take care of the money because spending too much for a diy speaker has only a signification for me if cheaper than commercial equivalent.
Maybe the dayton mic whic is calibrated has to be bought brandnew as the cost is 60 dollars, not worth to save 20 dollars for a second hand and mic are fragile.
good luck

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.