Vifa M22 info request

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

The Vifa website doesn't show any info on the M22 WR-09-08 8" paper cone driver.

It's still available in Australia (with limited specs).

To those that have used it, could I have your opinion of it, please?

It seems like a good driver for a smallish box (<30-40L), with good power handling and good xmax (6.5mm?). Although, it's a bit more expensive than a lot of other 8" drivers in it's (apparent) class.

Thanks in advance.

Mos

I am also considering using this driver. I found specs for it at ApexJr but they don't closely match the specs I found elsewhere. Therefore I do not know whether I wish to use this driver or not. Also I wish to use a PR design but I don't know anything about them, and I just read some bad stuff about PR designs.

Pete

Mos,

I have looked at this driver and wonder if it is really worth the extra over the 8" polycone. The only advantage I can see is that it looks better!!!

The M18 does look better than the P17 and has been compared to the venerable SS 18W at less than half the price. I don't know if the same can be said for the 8" version, but if so then it might be worth considering.

I suppose this is where the numbers don't tell the story.

The LDSG has some comments, and says many consider the poly to be Vifas best 8" driver.

LDSG

"P21WO-20-08, an 8" (21 cm.) PP cone woofer. There seems to be a consensus that his is the best of Vifa's 8" woofers. It has good, well-behaved extension on both sides of its passband."

Seas has a similar driver, I think it is a bit cheaper, worth checking out.

regards,
Paul

M22WR-09-06 specs

This is from Vifa Spec sheet.

Nominal Impedance = 6 ohms
Voice Coil Resistance = 4.3 ohms
Nominal Power (IEC268-5) = 150W
Music Power (DIN45500) = 200W
Operating Power = 7.5W
Sensitivity (1W,1m) = 88dB
Frequency Range = 30-1000 Hz
Free Air Resonance = 30 Hz
Voice Coil Diameter = 50mm
Voice Coil Height = 21mm
Air Gap Height = 8mm
Voice Coil Inductance = 1.1 mH
Effective Cone Area = 224cm sq
Moving Mass (incl air) = 36g
Magnet Weight (37.4oz)=1062g
Force Factor, B X L = 8.8Txm
Vas = 55 ltr
Qms = 2.73
Qes = 0.38
Qts = 0.33

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.