30 HZ from a 10 X 7 box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With the discussion swinging around to the Speedster design in messages #3 and later in #94 I have a suggestion for FW. What if your original 7x7x10 inches box had built-in stands so that the speaker became a small floor stander?

Enter my design for a 6.5"W x 6.0"D x 39.5"H external dimensions Speedster Tower. I have a thread at:

The Speedster Towers--A MLTL version True to the Originals

Note that the system amplitude response (click on the system responses in the first message in the above thread) shows that the F3 point extends into the 35-36 Hz area which is remarkable for this size enclosure. This MLTL is a remarkable speaker for its size and puts out real bass.

It sounds like the Speedsters will be out of the budget. Plus I think he'd like to try his hand at designing his own. It looks like a cool design though and with a larger budget I'd say go with those.

In his budget maybe the ND105 and a cheap neo tweeter. I think that woofer will work well in about 8L. There is a design called I think the Neutrino that he could check out.

Or maybe the Mark Audio CHB-70 with a neo tweeter. I think it may get into the 40' in around 8L.

The speedster cabinet and midwoofer can easily be used with a $10 dome tweeter instead of a ribbon, but I gave up on selling that option in this thread 6 months ago :).

Yeah I think I recommended a page or two ago the W4-1720 with something like the Vifa BC or Dx. Or one of the small dayton neos. Sounds like a fun and easy build to me and it fits the parameters for the most part. The W4 may break the budget a little, but not too much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.