Novel baffle alignment for any 3 way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Using an equilateral triangle,all 3 drivers will have their voicecoils equidistant from each other.They will then function as one full range driver.This came as a revelation.

Attachments

• Picture All photo`s 638.jpg
    Picture All photo`s 638.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 116
Oh well !!
Superb, magnificent...sensational! What about all the masses surrounding the voice coils ?
Does - efficiency in the working passband, pistonic behavior - tell you something ?
And what about double sources as in a stereo configuration ? There must be something
that makes a vertical alignment more appreciable...
I want to try something similar but only for subwoofer

That only works when your listening position is on the axis perpendicular from the middle of the triangle. As soon as you move horizontally, the drivers are no longer equidistant. That doesn't have to be so bad, if the spacing and the crossover and the drivers are all such that the off-axis problems don't come into play until pretty far off-axis, but that's true of any arrangement.

I must mention the obvious whitch is that the 2 enclosures will be mirror images.I only think of this alignment as being used with a first order c/o with the woofer and tweeter being Peerless and Vifa thus capable of being used in a conventional 2 way higher slope system.The midrange just gives me an excuse to go first order and create a trinity that becomes point source.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.