JBL 100 crossover caps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I would like to know if there is any noticable advantage to replace the 2 capacitors with better ones (and wich ones), Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN0111.JPG
    DSCN0111.JPG
    325.1 KB · Views: 117
I'm of the same opinion, switches just change to a high pas xover with 3uF and 8uF for tw and md with no big accuracy besides what's achieved by the regular phase consistency. :)
But, if you (OP) use the switch position 1. order instead it's a good idea to buy, or just test, new ones like a matched pair. :D

using better caps always works! we use good caps to only reduce the negative effect of an conductor in the signal chain! no cap will adds something to the sound.
are L100s really? 78db@1w/m?!! I have a mint pair and they play pretty laud at 2-3watt of a SE tube amp! to my estimation they should be ~90db efficient as my Altec M19 just plays 3-4times louder at the same wattage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.