Focal 10N 501 - Any info please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am after any info on the Focal 10N 501 Woofer
Vintage anything at all ???
I have the specification of the 10N511, it is the newer version of the 10N501 but if I remember well, almost the same specification.
It is listed in a Focal catalogue of 1987-1988.
Because it is a high resolution scan I have placed it on my website www.vcllabs.com on the techcorner at the end of the page.
The 10N501 has a very good sound. I made a 2-way with it together with the Audax HD100D25 tweeter... long time ago.

Paul

It is listed in a Focal catalogue of 1987-1988.
Because it is a high resolution scan I have placed it on my website www.vcllabs.com on the techcorner at the end of the page.
The 10N501 has a very good sound.

Thanks for scanning and posting that, Paul. Took me right back to 1988! I did a 3-way for my brother with one of the 10" Focals, can't remember which one now. Probably N411 or K511. My brother still has them.
They measured a flat response from about 40-18k on my boss' Audio Control 1/3 octave spectrum analyzer. I saved the measured curve to show my boss and he didn't believe it, he was convinced I created it somehow.

You wouldn't have the previous catalog, would you? With the 5N412DB. I still have a pair around here somewhere.

Paul,

I see the "DBL" version, but not the earlier "DB". I would definitely like the earlier catalogs as well, if it's not too much trouble.
I think I have a single copy of a catalog from 1988 or so, but my earlier copies have disappeared over the years. Same with my old Audax/Polydax information.

Thanks!

Tim,

I placed 2 extra Focal catalogues 01 and 02 on my website, again on the Techcorner page.
I think catalogue 01 is the oldest and 02 the newer one.

In catalogue 01 there is a 5N402-DB but I don't see a 5N412-DB.

I still have an old Audax catalogue of 1986. It is over 300 pages, so too much to scan.
If you are looking for some old Audax driver specification, let me know, I will scan it.

Paul

Thank you so much for your time, Paul. Much appreciated.

I remember the older (01) catalog, but not the newer one. I wasn't looking for any particular Audax, I just like looking through the old catalogs -makes me young again!

And now back to Wavelight's thread...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.