large bookshelf...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my room is 11(w) 19(l) 8(h)... floors are hardwood and there is an opening to the dinning room in the rear. looking for a DIY kit for 70% music, 29% ht, and 1% rediculous sound effects LOL. I want these speakers to be able to take some abuse but... sound good doing it. I was looking pi speakers but, the owner can't seem to keep AE and JBL drivers in stock. I'm thinking a dual mid and tweet. something elegant looking but has some balls. don't wanna spend over $1200 for the kit. wish I could build the cabinets but I live in a big city... no shop. ill probably ask a cabinet shop to do the box build. everything is fresh. going solid state for amps. would like this kit to have crossovers. any suggestions would be awesome. fir music... I listen to mostly metal. a sub will be in the design as well. still would like good midbass punch from the monitors. thanx :)

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
OK Something like dual P-17 Vifa with the bottom one only contributing to the bass by adding a first order cut around 150?
Couple of tried and true designs around.
Most of the recipes I have seen for this one use the aluminium dome Vifa D25.
But even a single P-17 does reasonable bass, I prefer the mids of the P-13 tho so never built with the bigger 6inch driver.
Weems has a small "Fat box" in his book tho that uses the Vifa D27TG-05-06 and the P-17 in a 19 litre box, his recipe tho calls for a 3rd order high pass AND an 8Ohm L-pad which adds considerable extra cost. XOs with fewer components are mentioned in a few recent threads

thanx for the info... I'll look into that. however... I'm really digging the 2-way design someone poster here using the Seas CA22RNY mid and the peerless hds tweet. I'm having to use my android to search here and its a difficult. I think I wound really like to go with a system very similar or identical. is this a good system to go with?

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I just Googled the woofer, seems to have very similar specs to the Vifa M-22 which I use as a dedicated woofer in 3-way systems, cut around 3 or 400 Hz mid isn't all that good from the graphs so need a really strong tweeter I would imagine @ around 1700/2200???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.