top spec nearfield monitor with extended LF response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This sub is interesting, can be used 1 per side.
HiVi SP10 Sub-Woofer
It can integrate a 2 way easily, passive or active. In a small 32 L (BR) can go low to F3=24Hz. Also good for a quarter wave.

Thanks for taking the time inductor. That Swan driver looks amazing. looks like the woofer in PMCs AML2 which is an great but stupidly expensive 2 way mini transmission line with great bottom end. That is crossed over at 1400hz , i think it's a proprietary driver cos the Swan looks like it wouldn't be happy up there and maybe more suited to a 3 way design?

The TG Jensen looks a dream if I had a bigger room!

THANKS FOR THE EBP LINK!

gonna look at the Eton now. My friend said he is looking into drivers for me as well

Yes. I would concentrate in the mains though (mid-main driver), from there I would go with the right woofer(s)/SPL in a passive form, that's what you are doing now. So reverse priorities and then you can play your game.
MID -> WOOFER -> SPL -> SPEAKER
Call that old school vs. "easy/stupid/sub/modern/active" or something else... that would be the last resource if everything fails. Some people may think that they are saving money because they can't get a speaker right... or buy. Just my opinion that might change in each different case.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.