half round speaker enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm starting my line array build shortly but have a question about a possible enclosure design. My room will have six fake columns and I would like to incorporate the line array speakers in the columns. This is how I would like my columns to look like when done. (pic is copied from from sandmanx at avsforum.com).

The back side will be rectangular but in the front there will be a half round column. I would of-course have to incorporate a flat section in the middle of the round circle. In the middle section I will incorporate the 16 4" nsb drivers and my line of apex jr tweeters. Each array will have active crossover.

The full size tower will have approximately 200L and I need to incorporate some sort of port so that the tower will have some sort of bass. But since the speaker is right against the wall I wonder where to have the port exit. One possible solution could be to have one exit on the top and one on the bottom.

What do you think of this enclosure type?

Attachments

• DSC06458.jpg
    DSC06458.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 201
bump. Any advice regarding this enclosure type? I will start the construction shortly but maybe need to reconsider if its a totally stupid idea that will not work and will sound badly.
I made some line arrays using 6" Sonotube with nsb drivers, they looked and sounded good. Wish I would have taken pictures...

I used no ports, the drivers were good to around 100 Hz, low enough for crossing in the subs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.