Corner Speaker Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It could be a sealed box or I can port it.
Need suggestions and help with the calcs if I port it.
Maybe a suggestion for software that would figure this out

Most everyone has corners. I'm in the process of building a new house and thought this might be the time to do some built in speaker cabinets. They would fill up the corners and provide some nice places to but some bookshelves (etc) up against.

Here's a cad drawing I did....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here's some numbers
That's a 15" Altec 421A and an undecided upon horn.

The enclosure would go from floor to ceiling and would be solid on all sides. That would be about 97.5" tall
Looking at the top the outside dimensions are

Blue 24.727"
Red 12"
Grn 18"
Wht 24.1599" (just a reference line)

That would give about 45,240 cubic inches or
26.18 cubic feet.

The control for this design was the 12" which is a nice bookshelf size and 18" which is a nice size for a 15" speaker to mount to.

It would be nice to get it as flat as possible down to bass guitar (40hz) or lower.

Suggestions?

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Corners have a lot going for them but most speakers are not designed to be best in corners. What are your thoughts on controlling the directivity to avoid reflections from the walls? Does this have anything to do with your choice of a 15" woofer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.