My Accuton project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This has been in the works for a very long time, but I'm finally listening to the pair. I'd like to put out a big thanks to Lou Coraggio for all of his help with the cabinets and Clayton Oxendine for his help with the crossover (which I've since modified.)

Drivers are C12-6, C89-13, and C95-6. The 7" drivers each have their own variovent. The 5" drivers are sealed. The tweeter to upper mid crossover is a series network at 5kHz. (How it sounds as good as it does crossed over that high is a wondrous mystery) The 5" drivers have no high pass network except for the cabinet, and the 7"s sneak in at about 300Hz. (Still tweaking this, but could happily live with where it's at right now.)

Past projects include using the C23, the C95 (running as a midrange driver), and SCC300 (a BRILLIANT driver IMHO.)

I had a brother of a friend (who's a cabinet maker) do the veneering, and an incredibly flakey car painter mess up.........errrr........I mean.....uh..... paint the front baffles. No, I didn't do these all by myself but I did plenty. I certainly stressed out about them!!!

Various parts of the building process can be found on my completely neglected My Space page:

http://tinyurl.com/l6gueq

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.