driver spacing versus crossover points

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all
is there a way to calculate the optimum driver spacing on a baffle for a certain crossover point

eg ,i want to cross a scan 25w/8565 to a manger at 400hz
they will be on a baffle in a normal 2way configuration ,manger above the bass driver

is it best to get them as close to each other as possible or is there a formula to work the ideal spacing out
\
thanks in advance for any help
sheafer

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
slr 5000 said:
hi all
is there a way to calculate the optimum driver spacing on a baffle for a certain crossover point

the other way round :eek:

Ask how to calculate optimum xo point fore a certain driver spacing ;)

well, actually its not about optimum xo point, but highest possible, with respect to woofer size and type
Then you can calculate biggest possible driver spacing
Same thing, but different words :D :)

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
To find the wavelength divide the speed of sound in air by the frequency, 1120 feet per second, or 341376mm per second, so ideal separation is less than 975mm, 50 mm is fine.

How do Manger drivers work?
Their cost has always precluded them from my shopping lists.

BTW does you handle indicate your daily drive, W/E car or a dream??

hi moondog
i was going for as close as possible but wanted to check just in case i was missing something

the mangers are well worth the money in my opinion definately different much more natural sounding than normal drivers i could not go back to a mid and tweeter arrangement after using them

yes my handle is from my other girlfriend she lives in the garage and is an original lh slr 5000 my wife calls her a money pit but i think she,s just jealous because the torana gets more lovin:hot:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.