Cabinet Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all guy's

After many years of listening good music with a pair of proac clones I built, I decided to attempt on making something similar on my sailboat.
I bought the speakers and components to build the VSS Eros loudspeakers to be used with a 41Hz amp6 I already built on purpose.
I have the components for the v1 crossover, the v2 seemed too complicated to me.
But probably I underestimate the real problem, the cabinet.

After almost a year thinking about the shape and position I found a possible solution.
The idea is to keep the box volume of 1,64ft^3 but wit 0,55x0,31x0,4 meters external dimensions.
They should be positioned in the upper corners with the front baffle horizontal...
I know this is not the best placement and shape of the cabinet but we live in a boat and the compromises are hard to find.

My knowledge didn't permit to make the necessary arrangements and I have not the time to learn and/or experiment.

My ears will be grateful if someone will help out with some idea in the shape of the front baffle and, if needed, the crossover modifications.
We are in Argentina for now and good components are hard to find.

Suggestions ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.