infinity tweeter replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone.

I have some Infinity reference 51's (circa 1996)and one of the silk dome tweeters has failed.
(part number 974206) 1" dome tweeter.

can anyone recommend a pair of replacements for these?
maybe some Vifas would be ok?

any help would be great if anyone has ANY info on these speakers or parts for them...

Glenn

PhaseLockLoopy said:
I thort Infinity was part of JBL ? --- or has that changed :cannotbe:

Nope, they still are. Infinity was its own company as founded by Arnie Nudell, Cary Christie and John Ulrich in Arnie's garage in 1968. They had a long run bring about a batch of commercially viable firsts (polypropylene cones, EMITs, servo-feedback woofers, first digital amplifier, first uber-reference [IRS]) and were bought out by Harman International, who also own JBL, ~1990 with Nudell's departure and Christie's following in 1995 (Ulrich was bought out by the other two ~1980).

- JP

the reference 51 seems to be an odd ball. iits a 3 way floor stander wih a 8"+5"+ tweeter...Ive googled it and come up with very little info.seems to be the little brother to the reference 61 which is the same except it adds another 8" to the package.

on the back it has "reference 51i" designed in america made in denmark.

the tweeter part number is correct and it has "made in France" on the tweeter sticker too.

What sort of impedance do infinity usually use for this age of speaker?

ANY INFO ON THIS VINTAGE (MID 90'S) INFINITY'S GREATLY APPRECIATED.
CHEERS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.