1.5" - 2" full range weather resistant speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...Looking for a rather specialized driver. Right now I'm using some car stereo tweeters with a passive inline crossover, but they're rather tinny sounding and only play from 3k on up.

I'm looking to cover most of the midrange and as much treble as possible but if it rolls off at 15K I'm OK with that.

It needs to be:
1) weatherproof- it won't be outside all the time, but if it gets rained on, it shouldn't hurt it.
2) have decent power handling (20 watts is a good estimate for this size I believe) and efficiency- I need it to play fairly loud.
3) relatively cheap (this isn't exactly a hi-fi project)
4) Hopefully available with a grille.
5) Surface mount, or if flush mounted, relatively shallow.

I've looked at extended range speakers from Madisound, like this Aurasound unit which is almost what I'm looking for but it's kind of ugly and I don't know how weatherproof it is, though it does have a titanium dome/cone.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Any other suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.