Sansui SP-5000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been given a pair from 1971, in their original packaging, including manuals. All the drivers seem mechanically sound, and they play with no audible artifacts. The cabinets have very minor cosmetic flaws but look phenomenal for being 37 years old. The things have 1x15", 2x6.5", 2x4" and 2x compression horn tweeter. The magnets on the 15"ers and 4"ers are obviously old school AlNiCo assemblies, and I'm guessing the 6.5"ers are the same, though they have an integral back chamber attached that I haven't bothered to breach.

Here's the only halfway decent link I've found referring to them:

Sansui SP-5000

Anyone have any idea what, if anything, they might be worth? They were apparently Sansui's flagship models when they were purchased, and not cheap even then. Just the crossovers (which are quite complex) appear to contain $100-$150 worth of components if they were bought new today. They have way to big of a foot print for me to hold onto forever, and I'm really more of a fullrange guy (7 drivers per side and a huge crossover really isn't my cup of tea), and since there's so little info to be googled on them right now, I'm hoping to figure out the most advantageous way to give them a new home.

Kensai

Nothing? Just wondering if anyone knows if any of the drivers in these things are of any particular value, as I might be interested in scrapping the things for parts if I can build something interesting from them. Otherwise I might just sell them whole and use the money to acquire other drivers to fit my need, at which point I'm wondering approximately how much these might be worth out on the market and where you might suggest I go about doing such a thing (the Marketplace here, audiogon, etc.).

Kensai

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.