Two amplifiers and one speaker pair. Where to get the switch?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hopefully I am in the right forum.

I am building a simple selector box so I can use my stereo receiver and newly built LM3875 amplifier with just one pair of speakers. The box will split the speaker wire and allow to select from one of the available sources. So I am looking for a switch that will allow me to flip between two sets of speaker wires (one set from receiver and the other one from amplifier). Does anybody know where I could get such a switch?

I have the box and other components. I am just looking for a switch but have no idea what is it called. I think it will have to have 12 connectors (input 1: four wires, input 2: four wires and output: 4 wires). Am I right?

Thanks.

If you find a simple one with no no-load protection built in, then just turn around a speaker-selector box. Hook up your multiple sources where speakers usually go, and hook up your speakers to the usual inputs.

These simple switchers turn up at yard sales etc. for fifty cents, but you can probably buy one at Radio Shack.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.