WANTED, one only ... Vifa M30WO-49

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
G'day Franco,

Unfortunately my budget can only really justify finding a second of the M30WO to go with the one I already have. I expect that if I do find one it will be elsewhere and will entail a considerable freight cost.

Buying a pair of something similar but not quite the same and freighting them over would not be justified or sensible because I can buy other woofers down here at a good price.

Its just having only one of them that is a pain !! :scratch:

Thanks for the offer though. :)

Andy Graddon said:
I have one of these drivers. Its not really a sub driver, and I can't figure out what to do with just one of them.
If I can find another one somewhere, I could use them as the bass in a 3-way!

Can anyone help, please.

TIA AG

Hi,

Whilst not a dedicated subwoofer (requiring loads of power) it
would do fine in an ~ 2cuft stuffed box with a moderate subwoofer
amplifier (ideally including low bass boost options) used with
smallish pair of sealed box standmounters.

But given its efficiency poosibly a passive arrangement would be better.

Another novel use of single driver is a stereo amplifier where the
preamplifier has out of phase outputs and the speakers are
connected out of phase to restore normal phase. The clever bit
is you then connect the sub driver with an inductor in series across
the positive channels giving you bridging bass output.
This arrangement with open baffle L+R + sealed sub is an idea.

Another option for a highish efficiency single sub is replacing the
bottom end of an all-in-one 2.1 or 5.1 computer type system.

:)/sreten.

I just posted this on PE forum

"Suppose I want a system I can drive using 240v mains (in Oz remember) but also be capable of running off 12vDC occasionally, which is the best way to approach it.

Work on 240v, and slap an inverter in for the 12v supply Or use 12vDC amps and a big transformer for the 240v supply ??

Sort of a big Podzuma type thing, stereo 5" and tweeter, single 12" bass (that Vifa M30WO)"

so you can see that I am thinking of contingency plans if I can't get another M30WO.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.