heavy duty grille.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello all.
the impending arrival of a small, destructively minded baby dictates that all my hifi equipment needs to be made 'kidproof'. most of this is easily achieved by putting some high shelving up well out of reach of the clumsy little inquiring hands. this just leaves the speaker cones open to attack.

what i am thinking of doing is to build some super heavy duty grilles that can take a fair bit of punishment, increasing the chance that my stuff might just survive the little maelstrom about to be unleashed upon it.

now i have to think about how, and what the tradeoff will be for different materials in terms of durability vs harming the sq.

the best i can come up with is a couple of sheets of chicken wire sole streached tightly, and fixed down very sturdily over an opening cut for each driver. built so the whole thing looks like a normal grille.

any thoughts?
what about car speaker grilles?
any way this idea could be improved either for strength of sq purposes?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.