Proxima Ovation +9xx Pinout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have a c800-6 cable? I'm still trying to figure out the pinout on the LCD input. the one that looks like a 13w3 connector.

I've made my own cable, and it works, but I would like to make certain everything is hooked up "properly".

For anyone else thats been scratching their heads.... Pin 1 is needed for the Vsync. Newer SUN cables wont work, unless you add that pin.

Hi Bernhard
I dont have the pinout for the proper c800-6 cable, but here is what I have done on a proxima +944

Proxima Connector --------------------> Hd15 connector

*A1 video red --------------------> *Pin1 (pin6 red ground)
*A2 video green --------------------> *Pin2 (pin7 green ground)
*A3 video blue --------------------> *Pin3 (pin8 blue ground)

*Pin1 Vertical Sync --------------------> *Pin14
Pin2 open
Pin3 ????
Pin4 ground
*Pin5 horizontal sync --------------------> *Pin13
Pin6 ????
Pin7 ground
Pin8 ????
Pin9 ????
Pin10 ground

* these are the only ones required to be connected for it to work.

Pin 3, 8 and 9 are normally sense bits in a SUN connector, and the Proxima takes SUN inputs, so I would assume they can be safely left open.

Pin 1 is needed for the vertical sync signal, but pins 1,2,6,7 are not normally found on SUN cables, so I added a pin in position one, rewired the cable to a HDD15 connector and it works fine.
I also used a multi adaptor that had a vsync to pin2, and shorted pin2 to pin1. This also worked, but I want to make certain I don’t fry anything.

I found many 13w3 pinouts on the net, but I can’t find a similar one to this. I didn’t find any that use pin1 as a synch input.

Has anyone with a proxima cable checked the pinout? If so, could you post your findings?

TC8

hey nice pin out and every thing heres what i got from proxima suppport in an email a pdf of the pin out for the cable i havent made a cable like this before i hope its easy if you guys make one let me know maybee take some pics give me some part numbers so i can do it right cause i dont know if i wanna spend the 80 bucks it is for the real cable from projectordoc or somethin

In case anyone is still playing around with these things, I made a working VGA cable for under $10. I'm a teacher, and I still use my personal LCD panel with the Dukane 4000 overhead projector in my room. Picked up a working 944 for 5.50 on ebay, found a vga cable attached to a monitor being recycled at the local dump, and found an adapter ($8.00) with pin 1 active (13W3-M HD15-F CABLE ADAPTER Sun Microsystems Video PC VGA monitor 130-3034) Using the pinout above, a micrometer, and rudimentary soldering skills, I cut the VGA cable in half, re-arranged and soldered the wires, wrapped everything up, and Viola, HD projection. Thanks for posting the pinout.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.