Introducing... Me? Hi!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DIYAudionauts

I've peeked in on this forum on and off during my all-to-frequent searches on amps. Figured I might as well join and engage.

I'm a guitar player and have been for many moons. I predominately play blues rock/hard rock.

My main amp is a Peavey Classic 30 running through a 212. The Peavey is currently in a coma, though I think it's a blown fuse which leads me to think it's probably a power tube issue (I had noticed the overall amp volume was significantly reduced prior to the issue). I haven't been in the mood to pull the chassis and inspect because it wasn't long ago I was in there for other reasons and it's a PITA to deal with considering the folded PCB. I plan to recap it while I'm in there fixing whatever, as well as maybe replacing the tube sockets. Anyway, I'll get around to diagnosing it here in the next week or month or so.

I am by no means an amp tech expert but I'm a smart cookie and I'm comfortable with electronics (I've made minor amp repairs in the past as well as modded and built pedals and such).

I have a few other amps. I'm currently playing an Orange CR120 which I sometimes love, sometimes don't (right now we are on pleasant speaking terms) but gets the job done. I also have an Orange Micro Dark running through a 110 cab that I sometimes like better than the CR120. The gain is just a bit more pleasing on that thing, maybe due to the pre-amp being valve. *shrugs*

Lately I have been messing around with a Roland MicroCube that my fiance bought years ago but never really used (the older version, not the newest line) and I'm really kind of impressed with the 1987x setting on it and given that it's a 2watt w/ 5" speaker, I can get pretty gainy with it if I want and not worry about waking anyone up, though I generally don't have to worry much about volume issues here. It's just sometimes at say, 3am, I like to err on the side of caution.

While I love my Classic 30 to pieces I am considering the SV20H at some point or maybe even a lower wattage similar type of amp, finances and necessity providing.

I think that'll do for an intro/first post.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.