Old Guy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess this an introduction and background. Recently I’ve become reinterested in audio components/tech/music etc. I’m in my 70’s and do really use hearing aids necessitated by my wayward youth I think. As a kid I was a ham radio enthusiast, left that but in my 20’s worked at a new high end audio store, Audio Consultants, in Evanston Il. Immediately after that a few of us started a company, Tomorrow Incorporated, that ran the sound and lighting side of the Electric Theater in Chicago. We did most of the sound for the large concerts in Chicago and built custom sound amplification equipment and mixing consoles for bands as well. Anyway that ended up going nowhere and I forgot everything I knew about audio electronics which wasn’t much to begin with. The last couple years as my hearing has gotten worse, I’ve begun to miss music. I joined here because I’m embarking upon a quest to rebuild a 40 year old Dynaco ST-150 (which by the way seems to be working perfectly) that I bought from the original builder. He used it for 10 years then put it into the original box in his attic for 30 years. Anyway I hoped to get some help with questions that might arise during the refurb process. Thx in advance!

Joined 2013
Paid Member
Audio Consultants

I bought my first high quality amp (Hafler dh-200) and preamp (Apt Holman) in 1979. My Threshold s-300 and fet9 in 1985.
Sorry to see Simon retire and close up, I did stop by and say goodbye to him last year.
Small world.
This is a great forum with wonderful people sharing knowledge!
Enjoy!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.