In at the deep end

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,
I'm about to enter the world of DIY audio.

I have very grand longer term plans but will start off small and gradually build my way up project by project.

I'm in the process of building a new listening room to house my existing Linn Akubarik & Akurate setup, once that's complete my aim is to replace things with DIY components, speakers 1st, the pre-amp, then power, then DAC. Finally adding DSP (off the shelf) and subs into the mix.

Aim is for the end system to bring improved quality over the Linn gear.

very ambitious goals I know, I plan to start with the basics and work up as my skills, knowledge and confidence builds - 1st step will be a modest pair of speakers which I'll use to learn the ropes, they may replace my rear surround speakers if they're up to the job.

Being 45 I've got plenty of time to get things right, I can see this being a journey which takes years (and is likely to never stop!).

Looking forward to the adventure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.