Hi from London, UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Just signed up as I'm planning on embarking on my first DIY project and my searches for info keep landing me here. Clearly this is a useful place!

My plan is to give a tired old pair of active ATCs a new lease of home hifi life. They were DJ monitors in London's now defunct Movida nightclub, so they've worked hard. Now I plan to give them a comfortable retirement and some private healthcare.

They have the curved aluminium enclosure and drivers of the SCM20ASL mk1, and the amps of the T16. First job is to replace the amps with Hypex class D modules and create digital crossovers using filter plugins and Audio Hijack on my Mac. The signal from this will be sent to the speakers via a multichannel RME ADC/DAC.

Then next stage is to upgrade the Seas/ATC drivers and replace the front baffle.

When all that's tweaked, they'll get a cosmetic makeover.

It will be a long haul as I'm also trying to hold down a job and do up a house... but if I could ask some of you for help with digital crossover design, speaker measurements, and driver recommendations from time to time, I'd really appreciate it.

Will of course share pictures of progress - and looking forward to seeing yours!

All best,

James

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.