Hello from Northern England

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, I've been a music and hi-fi fan for over forty years. A sound engineer friend recently introduced me to the wonderful world of DIY performance upgrades and I have been cheerfully tinkering with many old CD players and amplifiers, giving them a new lease of life.

For me it's been about bringing equipment back so someone else can enjoy it and also funding the upgrades on my lounge system! I've just completed a full restoration on a Sansui SR222 MkII, including building a brand new plinth and base from MDF. A trip down memory lane as one of these beauties was my first piece of real hi-fi. A saga for another day perhaps.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing all about your adventures in this wonderful hobby and learning how to do more than just recap amps and fix broken CD mechs!

Take care everyone.

Mark

Which northern English accent ?
There is Scouser, Manchester, Yorkshire, Newcastle and Cumbrian accents.
All different.

I can't click on a "like" radio button, but would say that I "like" the comment.

When in Ohio I can pick out six different accents! Same with our house and home in NJ. Rather than the language becoming more uniform, it's becoming more distinct.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Welcome to the forum Multimark! My mom is from York, but spent most of her early life in Londinium.. ;) I spoke the Queen's English as a small child but apparently lost the accent - my mother never has. :D

Lots of fun forums to check out. Anatech and Mooly are both experts at getting old things going again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.