Hellloooooo first post!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey friends. First post here and excited to take the plunge into the rabbit hole. Planning to build an amp/preamp/integrated to drive my new Klipsch Forte III speakers that are in the mail. Heard them in the local shop while getting my TT fixed and was hooked!

What amp kit do I want? Lots of recommendations for tubes with horn speakers, most often suggestion being Bob Latino ST70. Have not looked into ANY solid state kits. Having a volume remote and tone controls would be cool but not a deal breaker.

Only have two sources, a Denon DP300 TT (built in preamp) and streaming sources (currently Apply Music via AirPlay, maybe Tidal, so either an Apply Airport Express or Bluesound Node). Musical interest runs the gamut from rock of all decades, soul, reggae, funk, country but also jazz and occasional classical. I’m a bass player so bass control/response is important to me.

I know the Forte 2 very well. The experience taught me that other people's oppions sometimes take you on a journey to nowhere. I found them to sound very real without any boom. Bass was less than expected and not unlike baffle speakers. Forte 3 may be different. I hope not. The most surprising combination was with Naim NAP250. It was so good! Some tube gear didn't seem right.

The accuracy on opera was impressive. I had some KEF 107 at the same time. Like two great cars it would be hard to choose. The Forte surprised me. Naim two box cd and NAP250 playing Valley of the Bells was one of the most realistic sounds ever heard. I must thank my friend Julian for hooking it together. I have heard plenty of high end, Forte I know is able to play a wider spectrum unlike some high end.. Under ideal circumstances Quad ESL are better. Usually the Forte would be easier to use. They are not worlds apart. The Quads can sound very real in a similar way. Both might not be the last word in exact image placement , real life isn't great on that usually.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.