Hello from Southern Oregon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have always been interested in building speakers. My dad was a car audio installer and built many home theaters while I was graphing up. He always joked about me rocking out to AC/DC before I was born as my mom would sit next to the subwoofers while pregnant with me and I would start kicking. All joking aside I enjoy designing and building speakers. Currently I am building a pair of pair of transmission lines using Tang Band W8-2145 8" Paper Cone Full Range Drivers.

I am here to find out about building my own amplifier to run the above mentioned speakers. I think I would like to build a class ab amplifier, that has two independent mono channels and could be 4 ohm stable.

I have never built any circuitry other than the occasional crossover for my speaker projects so if I could be pointed in a direction of designing and building an amplifier from wall socket to speaker out that would be phenomenal. A single source for this entire request is highly unlikely, so if you have suggestions for any piece in the puzzle I would greatly appreciate it. I realize this is quite an undertaking but I think it would be a fun adventure with a ton of learning.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi and welcome to diyAudio! :) You might want to check out the solid state forum (or possibly the chipamp forum for easier first project).

There are a lot of good amps, and some of the build threads would be good to peruse to get an idea of what is involved.

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.