Hello from the sea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I'm an old time lurker, finally registering to the forum to get some experts help :D

I'm italian and I work on cruise ships as IT Officer.

My area of expertise is IT, so my electronics knowledge is very limited. Being a music fanatic I'm trying to tailor my audio setup to my taste. I've already built some diy stuff (dac player, amp, power supply) and the overall experience has been hard due to my technical limits.

I admit I understand ~20% of the thing you discuss daily on this forum, anyway everytime I need to find the right info I always stumble upon diyAudio :D

Thanks for this space. See you around :)

Last edited:
I'm italian and I work on cruise ships as IT Officer.

Hello,
You have skills to achieve an excellent system. Have a look at my signature to see how a sophisticated system can be easily built. With mine, there is one box as file server as well as music server. the 'endpoints' (players) are on the IP network and all individually controlled by phone. If are any end-of-life servers fall your way, it will be cheap too.

With crossovers, there is a thread about using pulseaudio in linux (Pulseaudio Crossover Rack) to build a complex crossover fairly easily with complete flexibility. While some dinosaurs cling to passive crossovers, active speakers are the present and future, along with digital signal processing (DSP).

Best wishes.

Welcome to the forum. We hope you enjoying cruising thru the threads and post. :up:

Thanks, sure will do :)

Hello,
You have skills to achieve an excellent system. Have a look at my signature to see how a sophisticated system can be easily built. With mine, there is one box as file server as well as music server. the 'endpoints' (players) are on the IP network and all individually controlled by phone. If are any end-of-life servers fall your way, it will be cheap too.

With crossovers, there is a thread about using pulseaudio in linux (Pulseaudio Crossover Rack) to build a complex crossover fairly easily with complete flexibility. While some dinosaurs cling to passive crossovers, active speakers are the present and future, along with digital signal processing (DSP).

Best wishes.

Hi Tromperie, we have basically the same setup for the source (I use Moode). When it comes to welding and modelling boxes I achieved a decent skill. My problem is with electronics theory. Let's say that I can easily build up a power supply... if provided with parts, a labeled PCB and indications :D:D

I don't want to start a flame in a presentation thread
:shutup:

Ciao Ciro!
:)

Ciao Tony!

Did you guess the name or do we know each other from a different forum? :)

I admit I understand ~20% of the thing you discuss daily on this forum, anyway everytime I need to find the right info I always stumble upon diyAudio
For me it's like the latest Fiorello video for Raiplay, if you know what I mean ;)

Ciao Tony!

Did you guess the name or do we know each other from a different forum?
It wasn't that difficult...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.