Excited to find so much info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello from the Silver State. I came across an idea to build a single source from foam core board and found this amazing collection of ideas and talent. It's a little overwhelming at this point. There are so many good project ideas.

It's been at least 10 years, but I've build a simple 8 speaker line array with a U baffle. It was a good place to learn how impedance and multiple speakers work as well as how baffles affect the sound. They were fun garage speakers. I got caught up in SET amps recently and I'm interested in exploring high sensitivity speakers outside of my Klipsch comfort zone. I figured foam core board could give me a an approximation of the sound and I could transfer the design to a more traditional substrate to make my final product, but it seems that there are some foam core fans around here. Maybe that is good enough to be the final product. Now I need to take all this knowledge and distill and good starting point.

After that, a good quality subwoofer is on the need list.

Im glad there's a place like this. Thanks for keeping the light on.

Planet10 I tried to send you a private message, but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Maybe I need to have a certain number of posts or meet some criteria.

I looked at some of your webpages after your post and noticed you suffer from transmission line fever. I have a pair of IMF ALS 40 MKII that really blew my socks off. I originally paired with a SET amp after reading of their high sensitivity...98db/w Later realized it was quoted as 98db/40W. After pairing with an appropriate NAD amp I was rewarded with an incredible bookshelf speakers that can dig lower than most towers. Sadly I pushed them too hard and sent a woofer to meet his maker Bud Fried. Been looking for a replacement woofer for some time. Hard little boogers to find.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
No PMs for me, you have to email. Pick the email off any one of my websites.

The Radford S90 really got my excitement about building speakers up. And i was there at the beginning of proper TL modeling. I was helping Martin King gets his material up in the web at the same time i heard Augspurger give his original paper at AES 99 in NY, NY.

I hsve been sssociated with someone who knows the software inside out (Scott/Woden) and we have designed/drawn many, many TLs (mostly ML-TLs) for FR speakers mostly.

We sold IMF when i was working hifi in the latter half of the 70s, but we did not sell many of the small ones, lots of TLS80 & TLS50s, and then the Bud Fried boxes.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.