An Introduction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone:)

I have been involved with audio as a hobby for a long time (35+ years), and recently decided to try to improve my stereo system and stretch my audio buying dollars by exploring the DIY audio scene. I am in the process of gathering parts for my first amp build (a diyaudio Aleph J clone), and look forward to more projects in the future. I am quite new to actually building electronic projects from scratch, so will likely be needing a bit of help to figure things out.

I am retired due to health issues, having had a couple strokes, but am recovering fairly well. I sometimes get mired down trying to figure out the fine details of things, but am patient, and will ask for help if I get really stuck.

I live in Kelowna, BC. I love listening to blues, classic rock, jazz, and general acoustic music, plus smaller classical groups, but not into heavy metal or hip hop.
I look forward to learning a lot on this forum, and hope in the future I can be of help to others.

Building new audio gear is the only way I can afford to upgrade my system, as the cost for new retail stuff that I actually like is beyond my budget. I am guessing a lot of other people on this site feel the same way. I am looking forward to having a lot of fun here!

Kendra

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.