hi from Ghent, Belgium

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

After reading on the site for more then 1 month it is time to introduce myself.

I am Pieter from Ghent, Belgium. Last year I got the audiophile bug. In the last year I have been buying and selling/returning amplifiers/speakers/dacs looking for the sound I like. I now have a great Marantz PM16 and a vintage Pioneer SX838 amplifier (being restored because it broke down again). Also have an arcam rdac with raspberry pi+hifiberry digi+runeaudio.

But I had trouble finding good speakers, not much interesting speakers under 2000€ and vintage speakers dont have modern clarity. In the end I decided I will make a DIY speaker.

I am currently working on the Manzanita open baffle speaker, if I like it I will build the Manzanita Ultra.
My future projects: SEAS A26 with 27TDFC tweeter, Troels Gravesen projects ( Classic 3 way, Poor Man's Strad).
Unfortunately DIY speaker building is an expensive hobby, so 1 project at a time. Anyway it is more interesting to build a diy speaker and research design material than going through all the reviews looking what new speaker I would like to buy.

Pieter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.