Hello from San Antonio, TX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy y'all! (lmao). I am about to start designing my 5th speaker build, and finally decided to join a couple of the forums as I look to the community to help me improve with each project I work on. I am in the process of having my father construct a new AV credenza for my wife and I, and will be constructing a new set of horizontally placed L, C, and R channels (all separate boxes - not an LCR bar) which will replace my current floor standing 3-way towers that were my 4th build (some issues, generally enjoyable to listed too). Looking forward to discussing (and hopefully showing off) the build in future separate posts.

My system is used probably 80/20 for movies/TV and music:
- Pioneer Elite SC-05 surround receiver
- Samsung 59" 1080P plasma bought on Black Friday a few years back
- PS3 with Netflix and Hulu
- Denon DP-300F turntable with DL-110 Cartridge
- Aux jack

My test listening tracks (and good indication of what music I listen too) are:
- Alkaline Trio, Burn, Crimson. Fun stereo/reverb thing going on at the beginning. Little crackle maybe from a track overlay that shows up before instrumental really kicks in at :32. Layered vocals at 2:23. General rock dynamics.
- Linkin Park, Don't Stay, Meteora. Play it loud. Beginning will really make a bright speaker sound harsh. Oodles of rock mid-bass, and extreme rock dynamics.
- Brand New, Me vs. Maradona vs. Elvis, Deja Entendu. Quieter song, male vocals, can really make a poorly tuned speaker sound like a box tube. Pleasing rock mid-bass when music kicks off followed by dynamic vocals.
- Mest, Cadillac, Destination Unknown. Fun, silly song with a ridiculous amount of low bass generally requiring a good sub.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.