Hi from CA – boombox builder w/a little audio knowledge looking for more

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everybody! I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster. I've built 3 boomboxes in the past 10 years, with a relatively basic knowledge of audio. The first one was just a car stereo & SLA battery in a (pretty big) box I built. They've gotten much better (and smaller) since then, but I'd still like to learn more & improve my build/s if possible.

My primary goal for my boomboxes is the loudest box for outdoors that's still small enough to fit in a standard-size backpack, and runs at least 2-3 hours.

My latest (built a few years ago now but I'm looking to improve it, or at least add Bluetooth) uses a Sure TK2050 2x100W amp, a pair of Pioneer TS-D1602R 6.5s, and a 25.6v LiFiPO4 3Ah battery. It runs about 4 hours and is impressively loud 7 clear for its size. Pretty sure that has a lot to do w/that high-voltage battery, but, that's one of the things I'm here to learn about!

hreLs44.jpg

Y62dfjD.jpg

TvmhkdN.jpg

The full build gallery:
https://imgur.com/gallery/sT5gy

I'll post my specific questions in the appropriate section; just wanted to introduce myself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.