Oh this is going to be fun!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A big hello from beautiful Portland Oregon. This is my first post here and I'm sure there will be many to follow. I'm green in the DIY area of audio but this looks like the place to learn. My audio experience is more towards vintage gear but chip amps and small full range drivers have my heart and ears now.

It all started when a friend of mine gave me a Tripath TA2020 amp he had built. Along with the amp he gave me a pair of Fostex FE127E's. I'm now in the process of choosing a speaker cabinet for my Fostex......which is what has me here.

Happy Listening!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Thanks Dave.....as close as I am I've never been to BC, that may be a perfect excuse to get up there.

Hi 503 and Welcome to diyAudio!!!! :D:D:D

Eh - word of warning about P10's audio fest - 1) the exchange rate for the beer they drink is 1 Canadian = about 3 USA "play" beers - adjust your intake accordingly. 2) The invitation to "have a couple of cold ones" loosely translate into "pass out over in the bunk area". 3) Things that catch on fire (excepting audio gear) or go KABOOM are not allowed..... (which is a good thing)... 4) You will have a blast and meet a lot of great folks..... ;)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi firechief - Welllllllllll take what I'm writing with a grain of salt because I have only attended P10's little fest via the pictures posted here and live tooooooo far away to make the trip without a major effort. That - and Terry O. said he would give me a kickback for any newbies that show up.......:rolleyes::Pinoc::joker:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Would I then get 50% of said kick back.......... :xfingers:

That will most likely amount to 1 dirty and well worn sock - or something like it. Perhaps a used speaker cone from a re-cone job, etc...... :rolleyes: Most likely a twist off cap from a bottle of brew.......:rolleyes:

Gooooooood chance of getting some recycled bondo from a recent build................:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Don't know if Medicare covers that.

dave

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................... quit while your still behind - i.e., stop digging the hole - you will only get in deeper. If the Canuck's con you into traveling up north don't fall for the "snipe hunt" ploy - 'n don't believe da stories about Sasquatch living in da cave juz over the hill..... :eek: From what I understand that is really "Geek" streaking the gig around mid-night.......

Joined 2006
Paid Member
New guy here, I am just south of you Seattle area. Can you tell me more about these DIYfest? sounds cool

It disguised as an audio event - buuuuuuuuuut it is really a brain washing effort by the Canuck's in preparation for their impending invasion of the USA in order to expand the hockey and soccer leagues (i.e. futbuhl). Don't fall for it - if you go you will be exposed to a form of sonic torture intended to spoil your taste for anything not DIY'ed - and most likely with little squares painted on 'em to boot. The Canuck's will attempt to have you ingest mass quantities of an adult beverage which will turn your brain into putty - ripe for molding to their twisted end's. :eek:

Other than that they are a swell buncha guys - and you'll have a really great time - one that makes life all worth while!!!! :D:D:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.