Another old newbie, from Scotland

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello from Stentor. For anyone else whose Greek mythology is a little rusty, Homer said "his voice was as powerful as fifty voices of other men". Not Homer Simpson, the other one.

To explain my name choice: I have 2 x 42" high x 30" wide x 24" deep homebrew VOTT copy cabinets in a fetching shade of Beech veneer. They have 1 x 15" Wharfedale drivers each, mid boxes atop with 8 x 4" Wharfedale drivers each, le tout ensemble iced with 2 off 8 x 1" Wharfedale Mylar tweeters.

I'll go into the graphic eqs, electronic x-overs, amps, etc when you've reawoken.

Meantime I need some inspiration please for a roofspace-mounted 1 x 18" subwoofer, preferably in a horn enclosure. I have lots of space and an available mouth perimeter in the ceiling of about 9' (but more could be made available). I have about 250W to drive it, but I like LOTS of headroom - say 20dB - so a target input power of 25W would be very nice. X-over point and bandwidth is open at the moment.

Any ideas?

I'll be repeating this in another appropriate thread.

Best wishes from Stentor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.