Hello from NYC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi every one, I am a design engineer , ( Mechanical and Aerospace) , who has no idea how to build speaker. but i am very interested to learn from anyone willing to share.

I am in process to build a home theather, so far I've got a 50" plasma, 6 JBL satelite speaker, 1 Bostom accoustic center speaker, 1 Maranz SR-5001 AV receiver, but no subwoofer yet, I'd like to build one but have no idea where to start,

Please help...

Thanks, and take care.

DC

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Dave's not here... oops i'm caught in a cheech & chong movie :)

A subwoofer is a really good place to get your feet wet. Making a decent sub for HT is fairly straight forward, making a really good one that blends well with the mains for hifi use takes a bit more study and attention to detail. Still it is pretty easy to build something way better than you can buy in the store for a lot less money (and untold greater amounts of satisfaction)

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.