DIY analog delay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Several years ago I built one that used a dual 1024 bit chip that would also do flanging(sp), I was using simular hardware at work (unscrambling Divers helum speach - they sound like Donald Duck). The board layout was in some magazine and we did a quick pcb and built it.
The main problem was it was VERY noisy and needed much better output filtering than was in the original circuit. I also seem to recall that the clock section was critical.
If I was doing one today I would look into a DSP chip due to its flexibility.

Thanks for the tips!

The sound of a BBD can be supprisingly good for a short delay, and the distortion characteristics of this approach are considered desirable as a musical effect, which is what I'm going for. Check out the audio samples of the Modcan Super Delay 30A synthesizer module: http://www.modcan.com/MODHTML/delay.html

It uses two Matsushita MN3005 chips with compander NR and two 6 pole butterworth filters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.