PPX900 help please

Hi. I'd really appreciate some advice please. I have a dud vintage Citronic PPX900. One channel doesn't work at all and the other distorts at 30% volume. Fuses are all fine. I have learnt how to check the 12 Hitachi MOSFETs and it seems they're pretty much all shot. Replacements, even BUZ and Exicon substitutes, are about £15+ each, so more than it's worth. Is there any way I can use much cheaper replacements even if just to check that the rest of the circuitry works before committing to the full expense? My electronics know-how won't stretch to testing the rest of it I'm afraid. Thanks!

Indeed:
the 12 Hitachi MOSFETs and it seems they're pretty much all shot. Replacements, even BUZ and Exicon substitutes, are about £15+ each, so more than it's worth.
so some Gbp180 with no guarantee of success while a working one is Gbp252 :
Citronic PPX900 2 x 450W Power Amplifier, 2U Rack-mountable Live Sound PA Amp DJ | eBay

Somebody might pay you some $$$ as-is "for parts" , meaning reusing case, transformer and heat sinks for another amp but not beyond that.

Publish it with cover open, so as to show inside space.

I suspect somebody gave it to you for free, precisely because of that problem.
I have lots of different amps abandoned at my shop, because customers won´t pay a repair bill, go figure.

PS: or you might try to mount two of APEX´s 500W amps inside, check his excellent posts.

one can find a used fully working amp for just a little more than what you would pay for the outputs, and personally i'm not a fan of brand in terms of reliability and performance.

I suspect somebody gave it to you for free, precisely because of that problem.
I have lots of different amps abandoned at my shop, because customers won´t pay a repair bill, go figure. .

That’s how I came across every Phase Linear and CS800 I ever had back in the 80’s - when a shop wants $33 apiece for an ECG284 (translation in English: overpriced 2SD424). I’d hate to think what it would be for $15 Mosfets for which there is no cheap alternative besides fakes. I That’s how amps get abandoned and/or gutted. I suspect that if iTricky can’t put in more cost effective innards (say, using MJW3281’s or IRFP240) it will end up on the scrap heap or sent down the line to someone else.

Thanks all. Turns out my testing ability with a simple multimeter was rubbish and the MOSFETs on the channel I thought didn't work at all are fine. The problem was the 1/4" jack input. When I connected with XLR it works. The other channel is still no good, but 450 watts drives a JBL SRX700 subwoofer quite nicely. So I'm glad I didn't chuck it after all!�� I really admire people who actually know what they're doing with these things though. I'm hopeless.

Thanks cazmac! In fairness I was a bit out of my depth. I often take things to bits and they miraculously function. 9 times out of 10 it seems to be a problem with a connection, some moving part or the power supply. But I'd love to know how to test components properly.
Yeah I understand just felt they never even give you a chance, the clue is in the heading DIY.