Guitar cab

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I decided to finally get around to putting a couple of alnico USA Rola 12" drivers into a cab, that I pulled from an organ ~ 20 years ago

The drivers are double cone with Fs ~ 67Hz, Qts 1.3, but I can't find any info on them, It seems like Rola was going through some difficulties at the time & morphing into Jensen.
My guess is they were OEM for the organ company (Which I can't recall)
The code on the magnet indicates they were made in 20th week of 1973.
My main concern is to find the power rating, most speakers of the time were rated at 15 - 30 watts RMS. FWIW, they are very loud pushed with a 50 W amp, but I only did that for a couple of minutes. Cab only weighs 10Kg, very user friendly

numbers on the magnet are:

Attachments

• sp3.jpg
    sp3.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 95
I wouldn´t feed them more than 20W each, and feel safer with just 15W
But those are bright efficient speakers and a couple or quad 6V6 or EL84 can be very loud.

With a sharp knife you can cut that whizzer cone , say 2 or 3 mm away from main cone to keep it safe, to make it guitar friendly.
Be careful and with steady pulse.

'cut that whizzer cone' - don't want to, I like how they sound (Maybe loosing my HF hearing :)
have got an EL84 amp very slowly under construction, but at present using an old 50W transformer coupled transistor PA amp, just ordered a Joyo 'British Sound' to use as a front end

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.