DIY amp completed - part III : Serial Tone Killer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This project started from scratch in 2015 and it lagged, lagged...:eek: By lack of time and technical unsuspected issues to solve...:mad: But now it's finished and works flawlessly. :)

qqrHJb-P1100070.jpg

dqrHJb-P1100074.jpg

KVqHJb-P1100065.jpg

Specs :
- dual channel, booster, reverb and FX loop, all facilities FSWable.
- 4 output power modes : 5W / 15W / 30W / 90WRMS.
- EVM12L loudspeaker.

Plus :
- instant versatility
- totally quiet (you don't play = silence)
- complete integrated instrument level FX loop, with 4x 9VDC PSU.

Minus :
- it's an anvil : 28.5kg

Here are pictures showing the details of the FX loop facility. The Carl Martin delay is connected to the FX Loop Send/Return jack and to one of the 9VDC outlets.

The delay is set on, and is controlled by the FX Loop FSW. Up to 4 effects put on the amp cab top can be chained and managed :

wqrHJb-P1100081.jpg

rqrHJb-P1100077.jpg

A+!

Thank you Guys !

I was waiting a sunny weather to take better pictures, but we're on a cloudy/rainy episode... :(

Here are some pictures of the inside and chassis :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

A+!

Neat! I love the mix of techniques from point-to-point handwired all the way to "I like that pedal"
But what's in the box up top next to the gold-anodised 10W resistor and transformer?

Thanks @thoglette ! ;)

In that box, there is 2 small DC regulated PSUs : one 6 volts for the switching relays, one 9 volts for the Holy Grail Nano. The 9VDC regulated source for the FX pedals is provided by a separate tap on the main power transformer.

A+!

The Serial Tone Killer - The End... :eek::confused:

Finally, this project is finally finished, finally !:rolleyes:

A gallery of pictures for The End... ;)

T7DJJb-P1100088.jpg

J7DJJb-P1100091.jpg

n9DJJb-logostk3.jpg

q9DJJb-fswfacility.jpg

M4DJJb-diable-de-transport-dedie-06-2020.jpg

SPECS :

- selectable power output modes : 5W / 15W / 30W / 90WRMS clean tone.
- footswitchable overdrive, booster, reverb and FX Loop facilities.
- Jazz (more Fendery) and Rock (more Marshally) tailored tone modes.
- low-level FX Loop (-10dBm) stompboxes compliant.
- integrated 4x9VDC DC regulated PSU facility.
- integrated EXH Holy Grail Nano reverb unit.
- 3x 12AX7/ECC83 + 4x Tung-Sol NOS JAN-6L6WGB/5881.
- dimensions : HxPxW = 480x260x530mm.
- weight : 28.5kg, including FSW, cords, padded cover.

For those who may be further interested :twisted: or simply curious, you can find sound samples and detailled pictures of the chassis here - scroll down to the bottom of the page ;) :

Vintage-Style Tube Amplifiers - Site de guilhemamplification !

A+!

Last edited:
Always the same: there's as much work in the power supply as in the amp itself.:D

So professional - I'm blown away with the thoroughness, awed! I'd say there's as much work in the details as the power supply and amp itself. Panel graphic lettering front and back, logo design and plate design / fabrication, model plate - even on the dust cover.

I can understand it took a long time however I admire the dedication you maintained. It's very inspirational to see such accomplishment and thanks for sharing. This is a good example of a "job offer" level of accomplishment - without having to know much anything else about you!

So professional - I'm blown away with the thoroughness, awed! I'd say there's as much work in the details as the power supply and amp itself. Panel graphic lettering front and back, logo design and plate design / fabrication, model plate - even on the dust cover.

I can understand it took a long time however I admire the dedication you maintained. It's very inspirational to see such accomplishment and thanks for sharing. This is a good example of a "job offer" level of accomplishment - without having to know much anything else about you!

Thanks @jjasniew ! ;)

Yes - at the start in 2015, from the trunk of my car to the tolexed cab (the STK is the bigger one of the 3) :

aadOIb-P1010191.jpg

zadOIb-IMG-0146.jpg

5adOIb-cabfinis2.jpg

A+!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.